Senior Formulation Scientist
Location: South West
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced formulation scientist to join a talented team within a well-established organisation based in the South West area.
Description: Working within the formulation and analytical group, developing and evaluating pharmaceutical products, ensuring all GMP and development work is done in compliance with regulatory guidance and expectations. The candidate play an active role in scale-up and optimization of manufacturing process leading to technology transfer from R&D to production to meet project target and timelines.
- Evaluation and development of existing and new products.
- Providing technical support for the manufacture products
- Providing technical expertise and guidance to the team
- Coaching and mentoring of team members to further improve capabilities.
- Managing formulation development and associated analytical testing.
- To be involved in specification development for raw materials, process intermediates and finished product.
- Maintaining an awareness of novel formulation technologies
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- PhD or MSc in Pharmaceutical, Pharmacy or related discipline with minimum 4-5 years’ experience in formulation
- To have previous formulation or process development experience in the pharmaceutical industry with outstanding cGMP, GLP and FDA compliance knowledge
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow procedures and good attention to details
- To have flexible attitude towards work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Skills: Excellent MHRA, EMA and FDA compliance knowledge, cGMP experience,
product development, Formulation, R & D, Analytical Chemistry