Our client is seeking a bright, motivated, and flexible Manufacturing Engineer to work within the Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to join a well – established organisation based in the Sussex area.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc, BEng or MEng) with 4- 8 years manufacturing experience within chemical or related industries.
- Understanding of quality management systems
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures is required.
- Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies
Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identifying production problems / deficiencies and able to use a methodical system to solve these.
- Creation and maintenance of controlled documentation such as Process Flows, Process Routers, Work and Inspection Instructions.
- Provision of manufacturing engineering support to Engineering Design and R&D project team and coordinate transfer of new products into manufacturing, considering manufacturability and efficiency of processes.
- Collation and interpretation of data to ensure the manufacturing processes are effectively maintained.
- Writing Process Validation Protocol documentation for product, equipment and processes. This includes Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), process validation (Installation Qualification – IQ, Operational Qualification – OQ, Performance Qualification – PQ) plans and protocols.
- Optimising manufacturing processes – improving efficiencies, reducing wastage and reducing cost.
- Manufacturing and development support for existing processes and for new products, product changes, line extensions and enhancements.
- Preparation and maintenance of documentation requirements to support and control manufacturing processes
- Supporting company goals and objectives, policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
Excellent writing skills for detailing specifications, processes, and creation of manufacturing documentation, such as protocols, control plans, work instructions, and test methods.
Good attention to detail with excellent prioritisation and follow up skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Good numeracy and computer skills,
Good verbal and written communication skills
Hard working and flexible with a “can do” attitude
Energetic and self-starting
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Skills: Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing, Validation, Six Sigma, Manufacturing Eng. Manufacturing processes