Compliance Specialist/ Regulatory Affairs
Location: Harrow Middx
An opportunity has arisen for Compliance Specialist to work within an established chemical organisation based in the Middlesex.
Purpose of Job:
To provide chemical regulatory support within the Technical Department to ensure current and new products meet regulatory obligations in global markets.
- To ensure that the company’s products are registered under REACH or similar schemes in those markets where the company operates.
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the company’s products are classified and labelled correctly for all markets in which the company operates.
- To ensure that Poison Centre or similar products notifications are completed and maintained in those markets where the company operates.
- Support SDS compliance using software to generate and update files to meet all regional requirements.
- To monitor regulatory trends and developments using a variety of resources and to advise management appropriately.
- To lead or assist with investigation and resolution of any potential non-compliance.
- Ensure marketing material contains correct H&S information and other regional requirements.
- Support Sales to resolve customer or tender specific questions or requirements.
- To support on Chemical related Health & Safety obligations within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill Set Required:
- University degree or equivalent (ideally in chemistry or toxicology)
- Experience working in a role related to chemical regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to acquire, absorb and process regulatory and legal information.
- Experience of SDS software such as Almego (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of regional REACH requirements (EU, UK, Turkey, Eurasia etc)
- Knowledge and experience of GHS labelling regimes such as CLP.
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes for chemicals globally (Desirable)
- Knowledge of products and chemicals related to this or similar industries (desirable)
- Competence with Microsoft Office Products.
Health, Safety and Environment:
Operate within the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies taking personal responsibility for acting with care.
Skills: Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, REACH, SDS software, Chemistry/Toxicology
Applicants are required to hold a visa or work permit to legally work in the UK.